Melbourne Renegades (MR, us or we) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. This document sets out our policy and how we will manage your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine your identity.
The information collected by MR about a particular person will very depending on the circumstances of collection. It may include, but is not limited to, a person's name, email and/or postal address, phone number, date of birth, gender, credit card details, insurance details or communication history with MR.
How do we collect your personal information?
Information may be collected from you when you:
- provide information to us by phone, email, in an application form or through our web site;
- subscribes to any publication of MR, including electronic publications;
- participate in any MR program or activity;
- attend a school or training organisation registered with MR;
- are elected/appointed to the Board or a committee of MR;
- provides any information to third parties, such as Cricket Victoria, Cricket Australia, the Big Bash League administrators and other State and Territory cricket associations (“Other Cricket Associations”); or
- where MR is required to do so by law.
As can be seen, there are many occasions when MR will collect information directly from a person and also from third parties. If you do not provide certain information to MR, we may not be able to provide you with particular services.
MR will, before or at the time of collection, take reasonable steps to ensure that persons are aware of:
- the purpose or purposes for which the information is collected; and
- the organisations or types of organisations to which MR usually discloses information of that kind.
How do we use your personal information?
- verify your identity;
- research, develop, run, administer and market competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to cricket and other sports;
- research, develop and market products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by us and the Other Cricket Associations or our respective corporate partners, licensees, suppliers and sponsors;
- administer and manage our web site and provide you with access to our web site;
- keep you informed of news and information (such as advance notice of ticket sales) relating to cricket and other sports, including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communication via various mediums; and
- research and develop new competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to cricket and other sports.
If you do not wish to receive our newsletters, publications and other communications, please advise us in writing (contact details are set out below).
We require parties that we disclose personal information to, to keep the information confidential and not to use the information other than the purpose for which it is disclosed to them.
Health and sensitive information
We may use health information about you to ensure that cricket programs in which you participate are run safely and in accordance with any special health needs you may have and for insurance purposes.
In addition, we may use de-identified health information and other sensitive information to carry out research, to prepare submissions to government or a government body or to plan events and activities. De-identified information is information which has been aggregated or otherwise de-identified so that it cannot be used to identify you or any other individual.
When do we disclose your personal information?
MR may disclose your personal information to a range of organisations which include, but are not limited to:
- organisations (including the Other Cricket Associations ) involved in cricket and sporting programs and initiatives in Australia;
- companies that we have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- our insurers.
We will assume consent to use non-sensitive personal information to provide better services and for marketing purposes (including disclosure of such information to service providers).
Every person whose data is collected by MR has the option to refuse e-mail, SMS or posted offers from MR by making a request in writing to the MR Privacy Officer or by making use of special links in the email where the option to unsubscribe is provided.
In addition, MR may also disclose personal information:
- with your express or implied consent;
- when required or authorised by law;
- to an enforcement body when reasonably necessary; or
- to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health or safety.
Our web site
When you visit our web site, our systems may record certain information about your use of our web site (such as which web pages you visit and the time and date of your visit). We use this information to help analyse and improve the performance of our web site.
In addition, we may use “cookies” on our web site. Cookies are small text files that help a web site to remember your preferences and improve your experience of using that web site. Using cookies is standard practice for most large web sites. In some cases, the cookies that we use may collect some personal information about you. We will treat this information in the same way as other personal information we collect about you. If you prefer, you may be able to disable cookies on your internet browser. However, if you do so, you will not be able to enjoy the enhanced user experience that our cookies offer.
MR's website may contain a link to online forums where contributors may provide their own details or opinions. MR takes no responsibility for information publicised in these public forums and accepts no association with the views expressed except where contribution to the topic has been provided by officials of MR in their official capacity. MR cautions users of these forums to carefully consider any views expressed on the forum.
Websites linked to our website are not subject to our privacy standards, policies or procedures. MR cannot take any responsibility for the collection, use, disclosure or security of any personal information that you provide to a third party website. These individual websites would need to be contacted or reviewed directly to determine their privacy standards, policies and procedures.
Accuracy of your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly.
If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Protecting Personal Information
MR stores information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of information is important to us and reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure will be taken.
Some of the security measures that we use include:
(a) security measures for computer/data base system access; and
(b) security measures on our website.
How can you access the personal information we hold about you?
Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access your personal information. For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that we hold about you, we require you to put your request in writing. If we do not allow you access to any part of the personal information we hold about you, we will tell you why. We will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information, but we may charge you for our reasonable costs in supplying you with access to this information.
How to contact us