Nabi and Pollard Join Renegades | Melbourne Renegades - BBL
Cricket network logo



Nabi and Pollard Join Renegades

08 December 2017
NabiPollardRenegades

The Melbourne Renegades have secured two of the leading T20 all-rounders in world cricket, with Mohammad Nabi and Kieron Pollard set to replace Sunil Narine who has withdrawn from the tournament for personal reasons.

Nabi, an Afghanistan middle order batsman and right arm off-spinner, is ranked in the top 3 all-rounders on the ICC’s T20 Rankings and will join the Renegades for the start of the campaign.

Pollard’s match-winning capabilities are well-known to Australian audiences and the powerful West Indies all-rounder is expected to link up with the Renegades to replace Nabi later in the season.

West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo is the Renegades other overseas player and will be available throughout the season.

Nabi has played 58 T20 Internationals and became the first Afghan player selected in an IPL auction earlier this year.

“I’m really excited to have the opportunity to play in the Big Bash for the Melbourne Renegades,” he said.

“The tournament is highly regarded around the world and it is an experience I am looking forward to.”

Renegades Head Coach Andrew McDonald said the versatility provided by the side’s impressive all-rounder stocks will be important throughout the season.

“We wish Sunil all the best. At short notice we are pleased that we’ve been able to secure players of Mohammad and Kieron’s quality who will be important contributors this season for us,” he said.

Nabi and Bravo will join the Renegades in time for the first match against the Hurricanes on December 21.


Top Stories

SatterthwaiteHero


RenegadesVStrikersRD2