Hi again Renegades fans,
It is unfortunate that I have to welcome you to my last blog of the season.
It’s safe to say that our semi final did not go to plan. Congratulations must go to the Heat who outplayed us on the night.
However this loss will definitely stay with us for a while. It especially left us shattered knowing that we could have put in a better performance.
While we spoke about what we could have done better briefly after the game, one area we didn’t let ourselves down in was our preparation. The boys have some sort of cold comfort knowing that we were ready to go and that is one thing this team has done well all season.
Although the loss has been a massive negative, there were a few positives on the night. Benny Rohrer once again showed his class and indeed our whole batting line up fought all the way to the end.
After the loss sunk in a little, the realisation also came that we would all be leaving the Renegade family the next day. We had become such a tight knit unit over the previous 6 weeks it was a very weird feeling to be saying goodbyes when we had only finished playing a few hours earlier. However it gave us a little chance to reflect on a few positives from the season. We spoke about:
- Finchy’s leadership – how he led from the front in his first season as captain (as I write this I see that he has been named player of the tournament....very well deserved) and brought a lot of new guys together very quickly.
- Benny Rohrer, or ‘the Postman’s’ form.
- How well the interstate guys gelled with the “locals”.
- How well our overseas players fared. Especially the way Murali passed on his experience as well.
- How well the off-field set-up at the Renegades has been, from the Board to the coaches, management and medical staff, everyone has played their part.
We also tried to look forward to next season....although very hard at this early stage! We will definitely be using this as motivation to come back bigger and better next year.
Thanks for tuning in throughout the season...Rimmo